Redbox Thanks a Billion Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THESE OFFICIAL RULES INCLUDE INDEMNITIES TO THE PROMOTION ENTITIES (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED. WINNERS AND POTENTIAL WINNERS MAY BE ANNOUNCED VIA THE WEB SITE (DEFINED BELOW) AND ELSEWHERE IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
The Redbox Thanks a Billion Giveaway (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, 1 Tower Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, 60181 (“Sponsor”). By entering this Promotion, all entrants unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Summary of the Promotion and Eligibility – The Promotion gives eligible persons the chance to win one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) of fifty (50) Instant Win Prizes (all defined below) by either renting a movie from a Redbox kiosk or participating for free via mail, both of which will result in the participant getting a code (“Code”), which he or she must then submit online at redbox.com/thanks (“Web Site”). Participants can also earn one (1) bonus entry in the Grand Prize drawing, as more specifically set forth below. The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 1, 2010, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on September 30, 2010 (“Promotion Term”). These Official Rules contain other important deadlines below, including deadlines for when Codes must be played. The Grand Prize winner will receive his or her choice of either a trip prize to attend the 2011 Peoples Choice Awards or a Sony home theatre package, as more fully detailed below. Fifty (50) Instant Win Prize $500 gift cards are also available to be won. Instant Win Prize Codes will be randomly seeded among the serial numbers for each of twenty-six (26) Redbox-selected movie titles. The Instant Win Prize Codes associated with the winning titles will be available via mail-in request and on the winning titles in Redbox kiosks at various times throughout the Promotion Term. Winners will be awarded prizes in accordance with these Official Rules and receipt of any prize is subject to full compliance with these Official Rules.
To participate, you must be a legal resident of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, D.C., or Puerto Rico and eighteen (18) years of age or older on the date you first participate in the Promotion. Employees, directors, officers, members, managers, agents and contractors of Sponsor, the advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers involved in this Promotion, and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members and those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to participate or win a prize in this Promotion. For purposes of this Promotion, immediate family members are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren. This Promotion is void in all U.S. territories (except Puerto Rico), possessions, and overseas military installations and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. If a participant is an eligible minor in his or her state of residence, his or her parent or legal guardian agrees to these Official Rules along with and on behalf of his or her minor child. All rights and responsibilities of a minor under the Official Rules are conferred and assumed respectively, by the minor’s parent or legal guardian in representation of the minor.
- How to Participate –
- To enter the Grand Prize drawing and for a chance to win one (1) of the fifty (50) Instant Win Prizes, participants must either:
- Participate by renting a movie and going online to redbox.com/thanks: Eligible individuals who rent a movie from a Redbox kiosk during the Promotion Term must visit the Web Site at redbox.com/thanks and follow the on-screen instructions and links to participate by submitting the Code and other required information during the Promotion Term. Individuals participating by rental can find their Code directly on the inner ring of the rental disc itself. OR
- Obtain a Code by mail, without a rental or purchase, and participate by going online to redbox.com/thanks: To obtain a Code to play for one (1) chance to win an Instant Win Prize and to obtain one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing, eligible individuals can mail a selfaddressed, stamped envelope including his or her handwritten, first name, last name, address, city, state, ZIP code, in blue or black ink, to: “Redbox Thanks a Billion Giveaway, c/o PIMS New York Inc., 245 W. 17th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10011.” Vermont residents with a return address in Vermont may omit return postage. Optional material that you may provide with your mail-in request includes what movie title you would like to have your Code randomly drawn from (based on the hints that may be communicated by Sponsor) and you can also opt-in to receive offers from Sponsor via e-mail by stating so in your mailing. If no movie title is specified or the movie title specified is not available at a Redbox kiosk at the time your mail-in request is received, Sponsor will randomly select your Code from among all available Codes at that time. Mail-in requests must be postmarked during the Promotion Term and received at the address listed above no later than October 4, 2010 (“Mail-In Request Deadline”). Participants who mailin a request that is received no later than the Mail-In Request Deadline will be mailed a Code in the self-addressed, stamped envelope provided in the mail-in request. Then, to be eligible for a chance to win an Instant Win Prize and receive one (1) entry in the Grand Prize drawing, the participant must then visit the Web Site and follow the onscreen links and instructions to submit the Code and other required information through the Web Site no later than 11:59:59 p.m. PT on October 10, 2010 (“Mail-In Instant Win Deadline”). Mail-in participants are not required to submit a movie title through the Web Site for participation. If Sponsor receives the valid Code and other required information through the Web Site on or before the Mail-In Instant Win Deadline, that participant will receive one (1) chance to win an Instant Win Prize and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Each mail-in request must be postage-paid, handwritten, and mailed separately. No mechanical reproductions of or typed or computer-generated requests permitted. Limit one (1) free Code per valid mail-in request. Incomplete mail-in requests will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Qualified individuals may also be able to earn bonus entries into the Grand Prize drawing through the use of social media features made available on the Web Site in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Bonus entries, if available, will only be able to be earned while participant is still logged in to the Web Site after submitting a Code. To the extent obtaining a bonus entry requires having a social media account, participant must use his or her own account, and is limited to a maximum of one (1) additional bonus entry per Web Site session. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any related social media outlet. This section in no way obligates Sponsor to provide a means to obtain bonus entries.
- To enter the Grand Prize drawing and for a chance to win one (1) of the fifty (50) Instant Win Prizes, participants must either:
- Prizes/Odds –
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) grand prize will be awarded, consisting solely of winner’s choice of either (the “Grand Prize”):
- Grand Prize trip option: A trip for the grand prize winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2011 People’s Choice Awards, consisting solely of: airfare (round-trip, economy class for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest, on Sponsor-selected dates from a Sponsor-selected airport near the winner’s residence in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or D.C. to an airport in or around the destination); hotel accommodations for four (4) nights for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest (based on one (1) double occupancy room at a Sponsor-selected hotel); ground transportation between the winner’s home and the airport upon arrival and departure and between the airport and the hotel upon arrival and departure; and tickets for grand prize winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2011 People’s Choice Awards show currently scheduled to take place in January 2011 in Los Angeles, California. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize trip option: $5000. OR
- Grand Prize home theatre option: A Sony home theatre package, consisting solely of: one (1) fifty-two inch (52”) NX800 HDTV; one (1) 5.1-channel surround sound system; one (1) Blu-ray player; and twelve (12) Blu-ray movies selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Installation not included in this prize option. ARV of the Grand Prize home theatre option: $3720.
The following applies to the Grand Prize trip option: Travel and accommodations are subject to restrictions, black out dates, and availability. Specific travel arrangements and any Grand Prize details not provided in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the Grand Prize winner’s residence, market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. Any and all meals, telephone calls, gratuities, luggage fees, in-room charges, travel expenses, travel and other insurance, carrier fees, government charges, transfers, ground transportation, and other expenses not specified as being included in the Grand Prize in these Official Rules as being provided as part of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner and his or her guest must travel from and return to a Sponsor-selected airport near the Grand Prize winner’s residence within one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, D.C. or Puerto Rico or the Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner chosen (time permitting). In the event the Grand Prize winner lives within close proximity to the trip destination (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), Sponsor will substitute airfare with ground transportation, and any difference in value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for complying with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, obtaining and presenting necessary identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Promotion Entities are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Grand Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. Grand Prize winner’s guest must be at least the age of majority in his or her state of primary residence unless Grand Prize winner is the guest’s parent or legal guardian. If Grand Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of primary residence, he she must be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent/ legal guardian or adult authorized in writing by minor’s parent/legal guardian) as his/her guest during the entire trip. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must comply with Sponsor’s and each prize provider’s procedures and policies and Grand Prize winner agrees that his/her guest must complete, sign, have notarized (if applicable) and return a release of liability and, where legal, a publicity release to Sponsor without alteration in the timeframe specified by Sponsor or travel will not be allowed. Once selected by Grand Prize winner, the guest cannot be changed without the express consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason. If the event portion of the Grand Prize is cancelled, postponed, or otherwise not awarded for any reason, it will not be replaced and the Promotion Entities will not be liable to Grand Prize winner or his/her guest for the event not awarded or any value thereof. By entering this Promotion and accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Promotion- or prize-related activity, including, without limitation, attending the 2011 Peoples Choice Awards. The Grand Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor and prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner and his/her guest from any activity at any time if the Grand Prize winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or the prize providers or otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor or the prize providers, and in such a case, the Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the Grand Prize. Winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the prize.
INSTANT WIN PRIZES: Fifty (50) instant win prizes are available to be won, each consisting solely of one (1) five-hundred dollar ($500) gift card (collectively, the “Instant Win Prizes” and each an “Instant Win Prize”). The fifty (50) Instant Win Prizes will be randomly seeded among the serial numbers for each of twenty-six (26) Redbox-selected movie titles. The Instant Win Prize Codes associated with the winning titles will be available via mail-in request throughout the Promotion Term and on those titles in Redbox kiosks at various times throughout the Promotion Term. The odds of winning any Instant Win Prize are 1:280,000. Gift card restrictions apply. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Gift card is valid for one (1) year from date of issuance. Issuer may impose a monthly maintenance fee beginning five (5) months prior to gift card expiration.
The following applies to all prizes offered in the Promotion: Total ARV for all prizes offered in this promotion depends on the option selected by the Grand Prize winner, and is between $28,720 and $30,000. Promotion Entities are not responsible for and no winner will receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of a prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related correspondence or materials. All taxes (federal, state, and local) and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being provided as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. Prize elements will only be mailed or otherwise provided to the verified winner’s address in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico. Promotion Entities will not replace any lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen prize or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address or other contact information. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If, due to seeding, digital, computer programming, printing, hardware or software, or production errors, or for any reason, more potential winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize as set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the number of prizes available in the prize category in question as stated in these Official Rules may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Reference to names or trademarks of third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party web sites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation with Sponsor or the Promotion.
- Announcement and Awarding of Prizes –
Grand Prize winner: On approximately October 17, 2010, a random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s designated representative to determine one (1) winner of the Grand Prize from among all eligible entries received for the Grand Prize drawing, subject to verification. The Grand Prize winner will be notified that he or she has been selected as the potential Grand Prize winner on or about three (3) business days after the Grand Prize drawing via e-mail and a phone call by Sponsor’s representative to the address and/or phone number submitted through the Web Site at the time of entry.
Instant Win Prize winners: Instant Win Prize winners will be notified after Code and other required information submission, but prior to entering the Grand Prize drawing. Non-winning Instant Win Prize Codes will not be acknowledged or may receive a message that the Code is not a potential Instant Win Prize winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Instant Win Prizes will only be mailed to the mailing address in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico provided at the time of entry.
The following applies to all participants: If any prize notification or Promotion-related communication is faulty, rejected or returned as undeliverable or if a potential winner cannot be reached after three (3) attempts have been made by Sponsor or does not respond according to the notification’s or Sponsor’s or its representative’s instructions, that participant may forfeit his or her prize (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Return of any prize notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners and potential winners may be announced via the Web Site and elsewhere in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that the winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner or potential winner, even if the disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may in its sole discretion award the prize to an alternate winner, time permitting. Any winner who wins a prize or prizes with a total value over $600 is required to complete and return a W-9 form to Sponsor. Each Instant Win Prize and the Grand Prize winner (and any minor winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of himself or herself and on behalf of the minor) may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to complete, sign, notarize (if applicable), and return, without alteration and in the form presented by Sponsor, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release and tax forms (as applicable) (collectively, the “Winner Documents”) according to Sponsor’s instructions within seven (7) days from when Sponsor sends the Winner Documents. Failure to comply with these requirements, Sponsor’s or its representative’s instructions or these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion and forfeiture of any prize potentially won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Winner Documents, if required, are each subject to verification by Sponsor and may require the participant (and minor participant’s parent or legal guardian) to provide his or her Social Security Number and/or a copy of government-issued identification card or number. Federal 1099-MISC forms will be issued to winners as appropriate. Please allow approximately ninety (90) days maximum from prize claim and winner verification for prize delivery.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTION ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER OR ANY INJURIES, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST RELATED TO ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THEIR GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
- General Rules and Limitations – Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void registrations from any IP address if any suspicious registration and/or play is detected. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries of and disqualify any person Sponsor believes may have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion or abuse any participant or part of the Promotion or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. If for any reason, the Promotion cannot be administered as planned for reasons which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security or integrity of the promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to modify or end this Promotion and select winners from all eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any inaccurate information, technical failures, unauthorized acts of third parties or other events beyond its control that may occur in connection with this promotion, the processing of orders or entries or the selection or notification of winners. Sponsor may disqualify any entries that use any robotic, programmed or similar entry method or in violation of these Official Rules. If any prize, notification or Promotion-related communication is faulty, rejected or returned as undeliverable or if a participant cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt (as detailed in Section 4 above) has been made by Sponsor or does not respond according to Sponsor’s or its representative’s instructions (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), that participant may be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited and may go unawarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for or liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential winners. The Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Promotion Entity, the entrant, or by any other individual or entity: any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or misdirected entries, e-mail, mail, or Promotionrelated correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, prize distribution tables, in any Promotion-related advertisements, any Codes, or other materials or elements; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information. Promotion Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail or other account to receive messages. Promotion Entities are not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant at any time, if his or her e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor before the end of the Promotion Term. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Promotion. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Promotion and/or prevent others from using the Promotion. Any attempts to make submissions, earn entries, or register for accounts in excess of any stated limits using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries and materials submitted become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries generated by a script, computer program, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or online service, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information for entry, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor or its representatives may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), it will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that the winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner or not award the prize (in its sole discretion), even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been shown or announced online or elsewhere. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to audit, or have its agents or assigns audit, any and all entries at its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE PROMOTION VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Promotion activities or the Promotion Entities’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
- Publicity Rights – By entering the Promotion (except where prohibited by law), entrants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world, including on the Internet, by the Sponsor, its promotional partners and third-party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notice, review, or approval. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- Governing Law/Disputes – This Promotion, these Official Rules, and any dispute related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Any legal action, suit, proceeding or dispute in connection with this Promotion (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought and resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, or if that court is without jurisdiction over the matter, then in the state courts of DuPage County in the State of Illinois, and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any legal actions, suits, proceedings or disputes arising out of or related to this Promotion. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any Promotion Entity, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain an award for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a participant, the participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the e-mail address provided to Sponsor at the time of entry of the corresponding Code or Grand Prize drawing entry through the Web Site, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the entry may be disqualified and any potential prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the applicable e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry and individual or individuals may be deemed ineligible in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Official Rules – For a copy of these Official Rules, print out these pages or send your request and a legal-sized, self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt prior to the end of the Promotion Term to: “Redbox Thanks a Billion Giveaway Rules Request, c/o Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, 1 Tower Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181.” Only one (1) request per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Vermont residents with a return address in Vermont may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
- Winner List – For a list of major prize winners, send your request and a legal-sized, selfaddressed, stamped envelope for receipt within three (3) months after the end of the Promotion Term to: “Redbox Thanks a Billion Giveaway Winner List Request, c/o Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, 1 Tower Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181.” Only one (1) request per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled.